Only in Portland…
- is it okay to wear navy blue and black together.
- is it normal to wear multiple shades of black.
- is it trendy to wear socks with sandals.
- is beer treated like water.
- can you be charged $500 for stealing recycleables.
- can a six-foot tall white man jog barefoot in the hood, wearing booty shorts, and it’s not weird.
- can my pastor say, “piss” from the pulpit.
- can my pastor say, “hell” from the pulpit, using it as slang.
- can people sell Mary Jane in stores (for medical reasons). 😉
- can I go to the doctors’ office and be the only one who speaks English as my first language.
- will four year olds ask what the “big yellow thing” is in the sky.
- will pooches go grocery shopping (because they like it). 😉
- do three coffee shops share the same parking lot.
- do people actually try to be weirder.
- does it rain 300 days a year, yet Portlanders agree “Umbrellas are for sissys.”
Thank you Portland for a plethora of good memories! I hope to see you again!
Keep Portland weird.