New book just released!
How Can I Help?
All of them are designed to help you live a better life: whether in your faith, your finances, your family, or your work.
Every weekday, I read the Bible and write a post on what I learned. It’s like a day’s worth of manna, aka the daily omer.
When someone interviews me about my books or wants to jam on one of these topics, I get excited. Have a listen!
What People Say
I opened this book on a break at work, and I couldn’t put it down. I actually finished the whole book…in one sitting…at work! Omer is a talented, talented man.Bobby Danes,
VP of a multi-national company
I love hearing how intentional you are in your practices to help yourself and others thrive. You have great hacks that we can all learn from. Thank you for sharing!Gary Williams,
bestselling author & personality coach
Chandler Bolt is the founder of Self-Publishing School, an Inc. 5000 company that has gone from $0 to $25M in just over 7 years. Here’s what he said:
Really love this author and really enjoyed this book. The chapters are small enough to digest, but leave plenty of meat for reflection. We really enjoyed the chapters on John 3:16 – the best explanation and breakdown we have read.
Chris & Kal Fell, Executive Director of Center for Bioethics & Culture
Absolutely loved this book! Filled with inspiring tories that are backed with heartfelt wisdom and lessons… Puts you in good spirits and fills your day with a perspective towards life that we rarely see.
Scott Allan, Top Reviewer on Amazon and International Bestselling Author
Loved this. Short, honest, real, hilarious, convicting. Such a great concept.
Joe Binkley, Pastor and Host of the podcast, Average Joes
- The Sabbath Series: How to Not Screw Up SabbathFor years, I screwed up Sabbath. I mean, I could not rest. Have you ever experienced that? Even on my days off, I had to be busy, I had to be doing things. If I didn’t “feel productive,” I was miserable. Even if it wasn’t a full day off, but it was supposed to beContinue reading “The Sabbath Series: How to Not Screw Up Sabbath”
- The Sabbath Series: What is a Yearly Sabbath?A yearly Sabbath is a series of celebrations, festivities, holidays, and/or vacations spaced adequately throughout the year. When you read the Old Testament, you hear about all these different festivities that the Israelites celebrated. Sure, they had their weekly Sabbath, but they also seemed to have these seasonal or yearly Sabbaths. Then, you look atContinue reading “The Sabbath Series: What is a Yearly Sabbath?”
- The Sabbath Series: What is a Daily Sabbath?A daily sabbath is a daily reset. It could be a nap, meditation, deep breathing, or a relaxing walk. This concept is not new to me. It has been passed down by the greats throughout history. (More on that later.) In this post, we’ll cover: Our Current State What Does Daily Sabbath Look Like? ExamplesContinue reading “The Sabbath Series: What is a Daily Sabbath?”
- The Sabbath Series: Why We Need SabbathFor years, I was in denial. My wife said I had a problem. My best friend alluded to the problem. My boss, the CEO of our company, even talked with me about my problem. The problem: I was a workaholic. In this series, we’re going to take a deep look at the concept of Sabbath.Continue reading “The Sabbath Series: Why We Need Sabbath”
- What is the Bible? : A Review of Rob Bell’s BookThis is a book review post. For the first time in this series, I’m going to shift away from the source text, as the scholars would say. Instead, I want to look at the book by Rob Bell on the topic, and I’ll add my thoughts. Here’s where we’re going: About the Book About theContinue reading “What is the Bible? : A Review of Rob Bell’s Book”
- What is the Bible? : The Ultimate StoryThe Ultimate Story. Here’s what that means: A story is about a character who wants something and overcomes conflict to get it. Or, a story is about a character who meets a guide, who gives a plan, and the character follows that plan to success or failure, aka comedy or tragedy. Those specific definitions wereContinue reading “What is the Bible? : The Ultimate Story”
- What is the Bible? : What the Bible is NOTLet’s talk about what the Bible is NOT. The Bible is not an instruction manual. The Bible is not a fairy tale. The Bible is not a scientific research paper. The Bible is not a philosophical treatise. The Bible is not a quote book. The Bible is not a coffee table book. Let me brieflyContinue reading “What is the Bible? : What the Bible is NOT”
- What is the Bible? : The Genres of the BibleThe Bible is a single volume with many books inside. Those books were written over the course of thousands of years and across multiple genres. For that reason, it’s worth understanding what genres we’re dealing with when we read the different books of the Bible. If we don’t understand how to read different genres, we’llContinue reading “What is the Bible? : The Genres of the Bible”
- What is the Bible? : A Source of TheologyThe Bible is one source for informing your theology. There are other sources that can inform your theology as well, including experience, logic, and tradition. These four sources are the primary means for informing Christian theology. We’ll explore them here, but first, let’s dive into why this matters. Why this matters? Source 1: Bible SourceContinue reading “What is the Bible? : A Source of Theology”
- I believe you can have business success and keep the faith. They are not mutually exclusive.
- I believe you have an insane amount of autonomy to create the life you want. So just do it!
- I believe we are at our best when pursuing health in all areas of life: physical, mental, emotional, financial, relational, spiritual, and vocational.
- I believe when you find your calling, your sweet spot, your flow state, you’ll live a happier and more fulfilling life.
My ultimate goal is to be the tree in Psalm 1, planted by streams of water, that yields its fruit in season. I also want to be the wise steward in Matthew 25, who invests his talents and money and sees a 100-fold increase. I want the Master to say, “Well done, good and faithful servant.”
If that’s also the type of person you want to be:
I believe you’re in the right place.
Need to get your home life in order? The One Page Life Plan will help!
In this brief guide, you’ll learn the proven formula to:
- restore broken or strained relationships with your spouse
- bring order to the chaos with your children
- live with more focus as a family
- improve personal health – emotionally, mentally, physically, and spiritually
- and ultimately live a more joyful and integrated life
If that’s what you need, put your email in the box above and click the button to Grab The One Page Life Plan. I’ll send the resources right over, and you can start turning things around for your family today!